The Best Portable Handheld Steam Cleaners in 2021
- The Best Portable Handheld Steam Cleaners in 2021
- Our Top List
- 1. Dr. Purifier 10 in 1 Portable Steam Kit
- 2. Bissell PowerFresh 2075A Steam Mop & Handheld
- 3. PurSteam Handheld Steam Cleaner
- 4. Bissell 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe
- 5. Vapamore MR-75
- 6. Mosche 9-Piece Portable Steam Cleaner
- Verdict & Review
- Dr. Purifier 10 in 1 Portable Steamer
- Buyer’s Guide
The moment you first use a portable steam cleaner, it quickly becomes your new favorite tool. These devices are designed to simplify a lot of cleaning-related tasks around the house. They have attachments for everything from cleaning a toilet, cleaning windows, or evening steaming your clothing to remove wrinkles.
On this page, we’ve compiled a review of the six best handheld steamers on the market this year!
Our Top List
Dr. Purifier 10 in 1 Portable Steam Kit
Bissell PowerFresh 2075A Steam Mop & Handheld
PurSteam Handheld Steam Cleaner
Bissell 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe
Mosche 9-Piece Portable Steam Cleaner
1. Dr. Purifier 10 in 1 Portable Steam Kit
The Dr. Purifier’s Portable Steam Kit is designed to take care of a wide variety of tasks around the house using the power of safe and natural steam. This 1050-watt model can emit steam between 250- and 270-degrees Fahrenheit. The hot steam allows you to remove built up grease and grime on different surfaces and can assist with other tasks around the house as well.
The tank has a 250-milliliter capacity. This allows it to provide 15 to 20 minutes of continuous steam. If the water runs out of the tank, the steamer automatically powers off to prevent damage.
This product comes with nine free accessories, including a jet nozzle, a bent nozzle, a flexible hose with gun nozzle, a window cleaning tool, a round nylon brush, and an upholstery tool, a measuring cup, and a funnel.
It features a 360-degree rotating nozzle, perfect for getting at corners that are challenging-to-reach. You’ll find a variety of uses for your new steamer around the house.
The manufacturer recommends using this product on sealed surfaces. Some examples of items or surfaces you could clean with it include vinyl, laminate, marble, ceramic, granite, sinks, countertops, stoves, refrigerators, windows, toilets, shower curtains, car seats, grills, kids’ toys, and mattresses. You can even use this product to steam clothing and other fabrics to remove wrinkles using the upholstery tool.
- This model emits steam between 250- and 270-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Nine accessories are included for free with your purchase.
- It can be used to clean most sealed surfaces in your home.
- If the water tank gets emptied, this model shuts itself off to prevent damage.
- You can use this product to simplify the task of cleaning numerous surfaces in your home.
- The nozzle rotates 360-degrees to clean corners or other tough-to-reach spaces.
- The upholstery attachment can be used to steam clothing and fabric items and remove wrinkles.
- You can clean the surfaces and items in your home without worrying about using any harmful chemicals.
- You may need to stop frequently to refill the water tank to ensure you have enough steam.
2. Bissell PowerFresh 2075A Steam Mop & Handheld
You’ll be amazed with all that you’re able to do with the Bissell PowerFresh 2075A. This is a steam mop that can easily be turned into a handheld device, making it a very versatile option to use for many different cleaning tasks. The top portion of the mop can be easily removed, allowing you to transition seamlessly from using it as a mop to using it as a portable steamer.
When you use the powerful steam emitted from this product, you can remove up to 99.9% of bacteria and germs in your home. This option features a 25-foot power cord that can makes it easier to get at all the areas of your home and minimizes the number of times you need to unplug the cord and move it to a new outlet.
The top portion of the mop/handheld steamer portion features storage spaces for many of the included accessories. It can hold the bristle scrub brush, scraper tool, grout tool, and angle tool. In addition to these accessories, you’ll also receive a flat surface tool with mop pad, clothing steamer tool, and bristle scrub brush for above floor cleaning.
- You can remove the top portion of the mop to turn it into a handheld.
- This product has a 25-foot power cord.
- Many of the accessories can be stored on the unit for easy access and more compact storage.
- This product functions as both a steam mop and a handheld device.
- The steam mop makes it easier to remove dirt and grim from your floor than using a traditional mop.
- Numerous accessories are included for cleaning more surfaces and items around the house.
- If you’re on the taller side, you may feel that the handle is too short to use the mop comfortably.
3. PurSteam Handheld Steam Cleaner
The PurSteam handheld cleaner is another great option for you to consider. This product is designed to be lightweight and easy to carry around the house with you. Once you fill the water tank with water, it should be hot and ready to use after just three or four minutes.
You can use this cleaner on many different surfaces around your house. Some of these surfaces include granite, laminate tiles, washable wallpaper, ceramic tile, waterproof wood floors, and many cotton or wool carpets.
Your purchase also includes a nine-piece accessory kit for cleaning more surfaces and items in your home. The kit includes an extension hose, straight nozzle, bent nozzle, nylon brush, window squeegee, ironing brush, ironing brush cloth, funnel, and measuring cup. A few of the other uses you may discover include cleaning pet messes, removing dust from your ceiling fan, cleaning baseboards, cleaning mattresses, removing hard water deposits, disinfecting door knobs, defrosting a freezer, and removing grease from an oven or microwave.
- Nine different accessories are included with your purchase.
- This model is lightweight.
- It only needs about three or four minutes to warm up enough to make hot steam.
- You’ll be able to easily carry it around your house due to the lightweight design.
- This product comes with accessories to clean surfaces and items in every room of your house.
- Since it only takes between three and four minutes to heat up, you’ll be able to start cleaning almost right away.
- It only has an eight-foot power cord.
4. Bissell 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe
The Bissell Steam Shot Deluxe is an ugly duckling that packs a punch. It’s a high-pressure cleaner designed to effortlessly remove tough grease, grime, and other messes. This 1,000-watt model has an easy-to-press trigger that makes it easy to operate.
Unlike many other products that may take close to five minutes to get warm, this product only needs 30 seconds to get heated up and ready to use. It has a 6.6-ounce water tank.
The accessories you’ll receive when you purchase the Bissell Steam Shot Deluxe include an extension hose, nozzle, grout brush, flat scraping tool, window squeegee, detail brush, angle concentrator, and fabric steamer. With these accessories, you can clean nearly any surface in your home.
The long 20-foot cord is another nice feature offered by this product. You won’t need to worry about moving the cord constantly as you are cleaning.
- The steamer has a 6.6-ounce water tank.
- The trigger is designed to be easy to press.
- 10 accessories are included with your purchase.
- The 20-foot cord reduces the number of times you’ll need to move the unit to a different outlet.
- It only takes 30 seconds to heat up.
- Bissell makes a donation to help homeless pets when any of their products are purchased.
- The cleaner does not automatically shut off or let you know when the water tank is empty.
5. Vapamore MR-75
The Vapmore MR-75 is designed to be used for cleaning tasks both inside and outside of your home. It can be used to clean appliances, showers, mirrors, toys, carpet stains, grills, hard floors, boats, cars, patio furniture and more. This product can also be used to kill pests such as bed bugs and dust mites without the use of any harmful chemicals.
At only 3.5 pounds, this option is very lightweight. You should be able to carry it around your house and use it to complete all the tasks you want without your arm getting fatigued.
Most portable steam cleaners only come with nine or ten accessories. This model comes with 18 accessories to ensure you always have the perfect tool for every task. Some of the accessories that come with this cleaner include a steam hose and connector, a jet nozzle, a straight nylon brush, a nylon grout brush, a large brass brush, a large stainless-steel brush, a fabric steamer and squeegee, and a carrying case.
The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty to protect your purchase.
- An 18-piece accessory kit is included with your purchase.
- It can be used for cleaning tasks inside and outdoors.
- The cleaner only weighs 3.5 pounds.
- It weighs just 3.5 pounds.
- 18 different accessories are included with your purchase to keep you equipped to tackle any task.
- A lifetime warranty is included with your purchase.
- The steam only gets up to 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Mosche 9-Piece Portable Steam Cleaner
A final option you should also consider is the Mosche cleaner. This is a 1,050-watt option that can emit steam as hot as 250- to 270-degrees Fahrenheit. The water tank has a 350-milliliter capacity, allowing it to produce steam for up to 20 minutes at a time.
Once you fill the water tank and plug in the steamer, it should be hot enough to use after three or four minutes. It can be used to clean numerous surfaces in your home. The manufacturer recommends cleaning sealed surfaces for best results.
This option has a 360-degree rotating nozzle designed to reach into corners and other tighter areas. A nine-piece accessory kit is included with your purchase. The kit includes an extension hose, a brush head, a long spray nozzle, a window/door brush plate, a bend spray cup, a fabric steamer tool, a towel sleeve, a funnel and a measuring cup.
This option also includes features designed to keep you safe. It has a safety lock and automatically turns off if the tank is empty. The unit also turns off automatically if the boiler temperature gets too hot.
- It can produce steam up to 270-degrees Fahrenheit.
- The nozzle rotates 360-degrees.
- Nine accessories are included with your purchase.
- Various safety features, such as a safety lock and auto shut off, are included with this item.
- The steam gets hotter than some other products on the market.
- You can use the steamer to get into tight corners for cleaning because of the 360-degree rotating nozzle.
- Some other models heat up more quickly.
Verdict & Review
Dr. Purifier 10 in 1 Portable Steamer
After compiling the six reviews above, we have concluded that the Dr. Purifier Kit is our clear winner. We think you’ll find that this product comes in very handy around the house and can simplify many of the cleaning tasks that you dread.
Nine accessory pieces are included with your purchase. These make it possible to clean tighter crevices, grills, toilets, ceiling fans, windows, and so much more. The 360-degree nozzle also offers assistance when cleaning tough-to-reach spaces and corners.
With this product, you’ll be able to generate between 15 and 20 minutes of steam each time you refill the tank. In the event the tank gets emptied out, the steamer has an auto shut-off feature to prevent damage or injury.
A handheld steamer can be a very useful purchase. They are designed to clean and sanitize many different surfaces and items around your home, which can have a dramatic impact on your cleaning routine. Since there are many different models and features to consider, we suggest you take some time to think about what you’d like to see in the product you purchase.
Tank Capacity/Steam Time
One thing you should look for before purchasing a steam cleaner is the capacity of the water tank. Products with a larger capacity can produce more steam before needing to be refilled. This makes it possible for you to work for longer periods of time before needing to stop and refill the water tank.
Next, you should look at what accessories are included with the different models you’re considering. Will you receive enough tools to clean all the different surfaces in your home that you’d like to?
Since you’ll be holding the steamer in your hand as you work, you should also consider the weight of each item. If you choose a product that is too heavy, you may not be able to comfortably hold it long enough to complete the various cleaning tasks you’d like to tackle.
Finding a product that offers features designed to ensure your safety is also important. Some features you may want to look for include an automatic shut-off when the water tank gets emptied and a safety lock to prevent hot steam from accidentally burning you when you’re working.
Other Features to Consider
Some other features you may want to look for include a long power cord, a rotating nozzle, and storage space for the tools on the unit. Additionally, you may want to consider getting a more versatile product that can function as both a steam mop and a handheld steamer. Finally, be sure to look for whether the manufacturer offers any warranties or guarantees that can provide you with more confidence to purchase a particular product.
How do portable steam cleaners work?
Steamers in general can be very powerful cleaning tools. They emit hot bursts of steam to loosen and release stuck-on dirt, grime, and bacteria from a variety of surface or objects within your home. The attachments that are included with most cleaners make it possible to clean just about any sealed surface including flooring, tiles, toys, appliances, grills, and more.
Will handheld steamers kill bed bugs?
Yes, you can use a handheld steam cleaner to kill bed bugs. These products can heat up the surface area of the mattress enough to kill bed bugs in all stages of the life cycle.
In order to kill the bed bugs and prevent damaging your mattress, you want the surface temperature on the mattress to get between 160- and 180-degrees Fahrenheit. In order to ensure the surface gets hot enough, without getting too hot, try using an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature immediately after passing your steam cleaner over a section. If you find that the temperature is too hot, you should move the steamer more quickly. If you find that the temperature is not hot enough, try moving the steamer more slowly to let it get each section hot enough to kill the bugs.
What can I use a steam cleaner for?
Handheld steamers can be used in every room in your house for variety of cleaning tasks. Here are some examples of what you can clean:
- Sealed flooring
- Showers and tubs
- Door knobs
- Pet messes
- Ceiling fans
- Sheets, pillows, and blankets
- Car interiors
In addition to cleaning, you can also use your steam cleaner for with other tasks around the house, such as:
- Steaming clothing
- Removing wrinkles from curtains
- Defrosting a freezer
- Killing bed bugs