Choose the Best Bissell Carpet Cleaner[modalsurvey id=”366303796″ style=”flat”]
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Bissell Carpet Cleaners
[survey_answers id=”366303796″ style=”plain” data=”score”] users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
[survey_answers id=”366303796″ style=”piechart” legend=”true”]
It is difficult to imagine any house or apartment without a small carpet. Sometimes they cover the whole floor. Carpets make rooms more comfortable, especially when you like to walk bare feet. Moreover, during cold seasons they help to preserve the warmth. Therefore, plenty of people have carpets.
However, together with such an amazing purchase comes the cleaning side. It is necessary to vacuum and clean carpets from time to time. Still, it may be not enough if you have spilled wine or something fat and sticky. To wash such problematic stains you need special detergents.
Everyone tries to deal with complicated cases in a manual way. However, rubbing and using water may not have the desired effect. Moreover, carpets remain wet for a long time what is not good for the floor. In such cases, you should consider carpet cleaners. They are professional tools that make carpet washing simpler. They provide users with the following benefits:
- Efficient cleaning;
- Adjustable temperature;
- Fewer moisture after washing;
On the market, you can find plenty of various brands offering carpet cleaners. If you prefer companies with a lot of experience, then you should consider Bissell. This manufacturer has more than 140 years in the development of floor care products. The most popular among them are vacuum and carpet cleaners.
As a reliable seller, buyers of Bissell’s tools receive warranties for products with the possibility to get in touch with customer support easily. You can learn much more about this manufacturer on the official website. By getting one of the carpet cleaners mentioned in this article, you also support homeless pets.
Bissell 3624– Cheapest Option
Bissell 3624 is suitable for carpets and upholstery of sofa or car seats. The small brush helps to reach places from different angles. The overall small design makes it easily portable.
- It does not require a lot of space;
- Simple to start right after the purchase;
- Quite light to carry;
- Powerful Suction;
- Two brushes of different sizes.
- Small water tank capacity;
- The hose is very short;
- Small brushes require more time to clean large areas;
- You cannot lock the water tank on the unit;
- For a small device, it is loud.
Bissell 1400– Best Design Unit
The green color easily fits various interiors.
After using this device, you will not have difficulties in washing it properly. Each detail inside is easy to detach at clean. It is recommended to empty the dirt tank and wash the foam filter after using the cleaner. Cold and mild detergent is enough.
- Easily reach various areas;
- Simple to remove parts of the unit to wash;
- It is suitable for cleaning different surfaces;
- It has low suction;
- Very small water tank capacity;
- It does not have wheel and you need to carry it;
Bissell 1986– Fastest Dry Mode
The brush roll is another part of Bissell that helps to refresh the carpet.
If you need to clean and dry carpets fast, you have an express mode. It uses an increased suction to reduce the amount of water left. Thus, to completely dry it may take around an hour.
- The power cord is long enough;
- Large capacity water tank;
- The brush is wide enough to clean large areas fast;
- After a long cleaning session it overheats;
- It has difficulties dealing with thick carpets;
Bissell 86T3– Most Professional Cleaner
Another part of the design is size. This is not a device that you will be carrying in your hands. It has a wheel that allows you simply to ride over carpet cleaning it. In case you need to wash stairs and other places, it has a six-inch hose.
- Tanks have flow indicators;
- Powerful suctions to deals with tough stains;
- The power cord is long enough;
- It is not very mobile
- The unit is not very cheap;
Bissell 14259– Best Portable Unit
Crevice and Tough Stain tools are efficient to clean with spray and suction. Moreover, Bissell 14259 has a heated cleaning mode. It helps to deal with various types of stains.
- Powerful suction;
- Simple water refilling;
- It allows you to clean difficult to reach places.
- The brushes are very small;
- It takes a lot of time to clean large carpets;
- Small tank capacity.
Most customers consider powerful carpet cleaners as large and noisy machines. With technological progress, such tools have become more efficient and smaller. In addition, they easily cope with various surfaces. While selecting such a device, customers should know for what purposes they are going to use carpet cleaners. Depending on the models, they can deal with:
- Car interior;
Another part of the functionality is the type of cleaning. A carpet cleaner can use steam, foam, or just hot water. Depending on the type of stains and contaminations, users select a suitable model.
- Foam. To clean very stained areas on the carpet, strong detergents are needed. It includes oily spots, red wine, fish, etc. Such cleaning allows making carpets white again.
- Steam. Steam cleaning has high temperatures. It allows sanitizing the carpet from tiny ticks and solid dirt. This method is efficient when you have pets that go outside from time to time;
- Water. Simple use of hot or cold water helps to deal with minor stains and dust. It allows you to simply wash out the dirt from carpets.
Every carpet cleaner comes with a certain set of accessories. They greatly improve the convenience and efficiency of the cleaning. Extra nozzles and brushes of various shapes help to reach complicated places. In case you have carpeted stairs, you may like to have a brush to clean upright surfaces.
Water Tank Capacity
While selecting carpet cleaners the capacity of water tanks is what influences the time you need to cover large areas. It is true that the large it is, the longer cleaner is able to run without refilling. However, it also influences the mobility of the unit. That is why you need to select them according to the specifics of your home.
If you have several not very large carpets in different parts of the house, a smaller model is easier to carry around. While having large carpets in bordering rooms, it is easier to use large models.
Heat & Pressure
Heat is an important part of the cleaning process. Hot water easier to deal with old and severe stains. Moreover, in such a way carpets dry faster. While cleaning with steam, the pressure is important. It has to penetrate stains to wash them out properly. Every model generates different pressure what is an important specification to check.
Carpet cleaning with special tools has to be convenient. Most cleaners do not require a lot of space. They are of various shapes, which allows consumers to get one that fits in the wardrobe or in the corner of the room. Another part of ergonomics is whether you can use it as a handles tool. Possibility to carry around the carpet cleaner without stopping it saves your time.
Tips On Using Carpet Cleaners
- Avoid dry runs. Most carpet cleaners use water. As they also have vacuum function, to reduce the moisture after cleaning. Sometimes customers think of it as a regular vacuum cleaner. However, these devices are not suitable for such tasks and dry runs may damage them.
- Vacuum carpet before. To use carpets cleaners it is recommended to vacuum them before. It helps to remove dirt, small sharp pieces, dust, mud, etc. Otherwise, sharp things may damage the vacuum cleaner, and you will need to change the water sooner.
- Wet carpets after cleaning. As cleaners use water, obviously carpets need time to dry. Depending on the model, machines leave more or less moisture. Old models with weak vacuuming also can have this problem. To avoid getting your socks wet, it is better to have a spare pair of clean flip-flops. It is important for them to be from materials that do not soak water.
- Preventing making too much foam. Foam cleaning is very efficient, but you can receive too much of it. Such an issue may happen due to various proportions of water and detergents. Therefore, it is better to clean the water tank with a defoamer before using the device. Alternatively, you can add it in the cleaning process, to reduce the amount of foam.
Video Tutorial: Bissell Proheat 2x Pet Deep Cleaner Manual
There are plenty of Bissell carpet cleaners on the market. Which one is better, depends on your personal need. Thus, by evaluating the specifications of models you can get the device that you actually need.