You must be wondering whether to get a steam cleaner if you have heard about how well these units clean and disinfect fragile areas.
Today were are reviewing the Vapamore MR-75 Amico Portable Hand Held Steam Cleaner. This model offers an environment-friendly means of cleansing interior and outside surfaces. Parents will take to it quickly, for it can sanitize baths and degrease counters without toxic chemicals. If bed bugs are a chronic challenge, it will help eradicate those pests as well.
With this steamer, it is easy to get things in shape naturally and at a sensible cost. A range of accessories can be attached for specialized tasks around the home or shop. But, boiler capacity and steam pressure were both reduced to make the design lighter and more affordable as well.
Does this handy unit offer a decent trade-off between portability and efficiency, or is there one compromise too many? We report how it goes and what we liked or not.
- 1000-Watt heating element
- 210˚F steam temperature
- Handy portable design
- Cleans and disinfects without toxic chemicals
- Dissolves grease stains and grimy dirt
- Removes molds and mildew
- Eradicates bed bugs and dust mites
- Only 3.5 pounds in weight
- Wide range of accessories included
Steaming is particularly effective on floor and wall surfaces as well as rugs and carpets. It is also good for draped fabrics, bath tiles, sticky stuff on countertops, etc.
Bed bugs when present can spread fast and be a challenge. Steam heated to temperatures of over 200°F will readily kill these pests on contact, even as the hot streams sanitize the surroundings.
Other places where steam cleaning works nicely include:
- Carpets and rugs
- Mattresses and box springs
- Sofas and other upholstered seats
- Gaps and seams in furniture
- Floorboards and headboards
- Assorted moldings like crowns
As a natural cleaning, degreasing, and pest eradication method, steaming costs less than most other methods and is effective in a variety of household jobs.
Wide nozzles. Slimmer tips have to go through the same area more times, which can lead to missed applications as you tire faster. The wider nozzle attachments ensure that this will be less likely.
Very hot steam. The boiler produces vapors with temperatures of at least 200°F. These very hot streams will enable you to make quicker passes that kill all bed bugs and dust mites caught in their path.
Decent boiler volume. A bigger tank can store more water for ready use, giving you more time to clean between each refill. A compact model like this has less capacity than bigger industrial units but will be easier to move around to various sites.
Wide range of accessories. A huge number of attachments come with the package. A hose and its connector, tool adapter, jet nozzle, and a scraper accessory are standard. There is also a set of straight, grout, medium-duty, and large nylon brushes, small and large brass and stainless-steel brushes, steamer fabric, and squeegee. Three cotton covers, a measuring cup, a carrying case, and an accessory bag round out the package.
Service. Professional steam cleaners are more serviceable over time, however, they are more expensive. This portable unit performs reliably enough on the occasional task and should last more than a few years.
Cost. If you think you will be handling a number of bug infestations in the next few years, do consider a larger unit. Professional-grade models can be more economical to operate in the long run.
Vapamore’s compact model weighs just over three pounds. It may not be tiny enough to slip into your pockets, but it is easy to store in a cabinet once you are done. The unit and its many accessories fit readily into the supplied cases, for quick transfers.
We like the solid construction. The housing may be mostly made of plastics, but the rest of the hardware is sturdy and a good fit for a lightweight model.
Simple controls and operation are in keeping with its minimalist purpose. Users only have to deal with the tank cap and boiler switch. You will only have to fill the tank then switch on the boiler before triggering steam.
See what customers are saying! Read verified reviews here.
In this case, it seems there is an inconvenience or two to be dealt with. The Amico’s compact but relatively powerful boiler can output pressurized streams of vapor at 43 PSI, with temperatures reaching 200 degrees at the nozzle end.
These are minimum effective specifications, to be sure. But we still liked how fast steam was generated, just four minutes after the unit was filled and switched on. Larger models rarely work as fast, even pricier and more powerful premium designs.
The big issue here is that the tank stores only a cup or less of water, which is sufficient for 10 minutes of steaming at a time. We do wish the unit could hold more water between each refill. You will be constantly waiting for the housing to cool off before the tank can be refilled while pausing again for things to start boiling in another few minutes.
In handling bed bugs, you will need to be methodical and slow in treating every suspect crack or gap. Water will have to be constantly replenished when treating bigger infestations.
Tip: The terrycloth used when treating fabric does cover the nozzle rather tightly. But, a washcloth secured with rubber bands can work just as well.
Vapamore’s MR-75 Portable Hand Held Steam Cleaner is a small but easy-to-use model that offers steam with enough volume and heat to clean and disinfect most trouble spots. It is also great for eliminating bed bugs wherever you find them. You will be trading time and volume for powerful yet portable operation, though.
The small-capacity tank can be a bit of a letdown at times. But for simple and effective cleaning, degreasing, and pest elimination without caustic chemicals, it is a reasonably-priced steamer that can be handy on smaller jobs.
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE CLEANING - Bring professional-grade steam cleaning to your home with the premium Vapamore MR-75 Amico Handheld Steam Cleaner. Quickly and effectively clean and sanitize bathrooms, kitchens, floors, auto interiors, and so much more. The high-capacity tank delivers steam at 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
- SANITIZE WITHOUT CHEMICALS - The MR-75 Amico Handheld Steam Cleaner uses only water, allowing you to clean your home without the need for toxic, harsh and expensive chemicals. Enjoy the cleaning power of ultra-high temperature, low moisture steam.
- PORTABLE YET POWERFUL - At 3 pounds, this lightweight handheld steam cleaner is perfect for high-performance cleaning on the move. The 17 attachments allow you to disinfect multiple surfaces like mirrors, toys, carpet, upholstery and hard-surfaces while removing dirt, grease, grime and stains.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Built for a lifetime of use, the value of our professional-grade steam cleaners are unmatched. To illustrate our commitment to quality, all Vapamore products have a lifetime manufacturer warranty. We also offer USA-based phone and email support, with all parts and accessories available and in stock.
- THE VAPAMORE DIFFERENCE - Founded in Italy, the origin of steam cleaning, Vapamore combines the most powerful elements of nature (water and heat) into the world‘s most advanced steam cleaning technology. In the Italian language, “vapore” means “steam” and “amore” means “love.” Hence, “the love of steam.”
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 23:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API