Top 6 Best Steam Cleaners for Dog Urine & Pet Stains
Aside from the ability to remove dog urine and its odor from your carpet completely, there are several other factors you need to look for when searching for a steam cleaner solution. One thing you need to look for is that dog urine is on the list of stain types a steam cleaner can target.
The ideal cleaner should come with great mobility. This is why cordless steam cleaners are our favorites! While there are corded cleaners with more than 22 inches of cord length to provide good mobility, cordless cleaners are better and less of a hassle when moving around.
Our Top 6 List
Last update on 2022-01-22 at 18:46 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
A good steamer against pet stains must be capable of cleaning, filling up, and disposing of waste in the most effective way. Most people looking for cheaper models usually want something portable they can easily handle. However, a low price usually comes with drawbacks that aren’t worth it. If you buy a steam cleaner, it should be skillful.
Two Additional Choices
We also like to include two choices for carpet cleaners instead of steam cleaners that we can recommend.
Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3
This is one of the most effective steam cleaners for dog urine because it allows you to perform deep cleansing at a single pass. Its multi-directional brushes work with the urine eliminator spray to deliver the most pet stain removal services you can ever ask for.
- This one-pass cleaning system sprays, scrubs, and extracts embedded pet messes, dirt, grime, filth, and odors with commercial grade results.
- Spray: The X3 carpet cleaner uses powerful jets that inject carpet cleaner solution deep into carpet to shampoo and begin releasing dirt, grime, stains, odors and more.
- Scrub: Triple Action Vibrating Brush scrubs all sides of each carpet fiber releasing dirt & odors that other steam cleaner machines can miss while targeting pet hair, pet urine, and mud tracked in from outside.
- Extract: Enhanced carpet extractor vacuum motor with pro-grade suction power removes pet stains & odors, gets the floor cleaner, and aids in faster drying times, making these ideal steam cleaners for home and commercial use.
- CRI Gold Rated – awarded gold rating by the Carpet & Rug Institute for soil removal, water removal and gentleness on carpet. 2 year consumer warranty; Weighs 39lbs
Last update on 2022-01-23 at 04:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This machine is effective because it performs a 3-in-1 cleaning procedure by spraying, scrubbing and extracting dog urine and odor. The hand-held upholstery tool is capable of cleaning stairs, furniture, car internal parts, and even the tightest places. The Rug Doctor pet formula, which is also known as the Rug Doctor Platinum Urine Eliminator, is a substance that comprises of an enzymatic formula capable of removing pet stains and odor, thus refreshing your entire space with a fresh fragrance. The Platinum eliminator spray provides a quick clean on old and new surfaces or fabrics.
This product comes with a 5-year manufacturer warranty, and that is why it is one of the most reliable steam cleaners around. It comes with a convenient fold-down and adjustable handle alongside a 12-foot hose for a complete and easy movement and cleaner.
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat 5207N
This steam cleaner makes use of a trapper tool that disposes dog urine and other trapped dirt and disposes of them immediately after cleaning. It also comes with a CleanShot trigger that targets specific stains. The 12 rows of brushes work in a different direction to ensure a perfect scrubbing and elimination of stains.
- Innovative Cleanshot Trigger directs the formula directly at stains for targeted stain removal
- Stain Trapper tool keeps pet messes in the self-contained tool and out of the machine
- Pet Hair Basket makes it easy trap and throw away pet hair and debris. Power Source - Corded
- Heatwave Technology helps maintain consistent water temperature while cleaning
- Dual Power brushes with 12 cleaning rows pull deep dirt out of carpet, Cleaning Path Width:12 Inches
Last update on 2022-01-22 at 22:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Bissell 5207N comes with an extra 3” tough stain tool that sprays and scrubs in order to eliminate the toughest stains. The Pet hair basket will help you capture pet hair, and other items during the pet urine removal hence they will not enter the dirty water tank and the basket is quite easy to empty. The Heatwave technology will ensure that constant water temperature is maintained during cleaning, hence a reliable cleaning is guaranteed for any period of time. The Dual power brushes come with 12 cleaning rows that ensure that the toughest dirt is pulled out of your carpet or any other fabric. This is another cordless steam cleaner, hence it is convenient and easily maneuvered into difficult cleaning surfaces.
The stain trapper tool will ensure that big messes are kept away from this machine. The trial size pet stain and odor formula comes with an odor dissipation formula that will discourage your dog from re-soiling the same place that has just been cleaned. This product comes with a 1-year manufacturer alongside free shipping to specific areas.
On a final note
There is a wide range of steam cleaner solutions for dog urine removal, and as mentioned earlier, there a wide range of factors that should be considered when making an ideal choice. When it comes to prices, the portable cordless and handheld steam cleaners are usually cheaper than the larger ones, however, their cleaning capacities are quite smaller, hence you need to consider the magnitude of your cleaning needs before choosing either the handheld or larger device.
Handheld steam cleaners usually cost between $50 and $120 while the larger ones cost much more. If you have a well-trained dog that rarely soils any area of your carpet or upholstery, the handheld device may be the best option for you.
Having more than two dogs may mean that you will have to clean stains more frequently. hence you need a larger device and also you need one that works with an odor removal or the use of a product such as OdoBan. Ideally, house training your dogs is the best solution, but accidents do happen.
Aside from the price of the steam cleaner, you may want to consider shipping and handling costs if you don’t live in a region covered under the free-shipping service rendered by some manufacturers or retailers. Maintenance of a steam cleaner is also an important consideration when purchasing a product.
Also check out our top list on portable carpet cleaners.