Choose the Best Shark Vacuum[modalsurvey id=”711502649″ style=”flat”]
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Shark Vacuums
[survey_answers id=”711502649″ style=”plain” data=”score”] users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
[survey_answers id=”711502649″ style=”piechart” legend=”true”]
Shark is a well-known and established American designer, manufacturer, and distributor of home cleaning devices, like robots, corded or cordless stick and upright vacuums, handheld vacuums, and mops. The product range of the brand is versatile and can meet any needs of the most demanding customers. Shark vacuums are a must-have for those, who appreciate cleaning with comfort and ease.
Innovative technologies for powerful suction, antiallergic protection, and deep cleaning properties in combination with high quality made the Shark cleaning products extremely popular. Most models manage the professional cleanup of hard floor and carpet surfaces. Some models also work great with upholstery. If you have pets and have to deal with pet hair regularly, Shark Upright vacuum cleaners are indispensable.
Here we’re going to have a look at 5 Best Shark Upright vacuums, picked up by experts and users to help you identify the best model according to your tastes in design, technical characteristics, and budget. The comparison table below with further useful tips and guidelines will facilitate your choice and make you aware of all advantages and disadvantages of the selected models.
SHARK Professional Lift-Away Navigator– the best for hard floors
With its special HEPA filtration and antiallergic technologies, the item fights around 100% of allergens and dust. This model is very useful for those who suffer from allergies or families with children and pets.
- The impressive volume of a dust cup
- Lift-away option
- Can easily reach the most uncomfortable areas with a special Crevice tool with a small and narrow nozzle
- Antiallergic protection
- Lightweight, maneuverable and portable
- Heavy suction
- Deep clean on the carpet and hard floor surfaces
- Swivel steering provides exceptional control when you vacuum around furniture or any other obstacles
- Includes a special pet brush, that copes well with pet hair
- Quiet and comfy to use
- An attractive price
- A short cord
- Doesn’t capture all debris on the carpets
- An awkward handle on the Lift-away device
This Navigator model is very powerful. For carpets with medium and high piles, not to make them worn out or fuzzy, adjust the power of suction to the lowest setting. It is enough for cleaning the fluffy surface, but, on the contrary, for hard floors, you can use maximum suction to clean all the dust and debris.
SHARK Professional Lift-Away Rotator– the best for pet hair cleaning
Antiallergic technologies and HEPA filtration take care of the hygiene and health of your family members, as it doesn’t leak any pet smell and captures all hair, allergens, and dust particles. This model is very comfy for cleaning the stairs or similar places above the floor.
- Ultra-heavy suction for professional cleaning
- Dual-action cleaning for bare floors and carpet surfaces
- Antiallergic protection for your family
- Stronger rotator technology for better swivel steering in comparison with other models
- Deeper cleaning on carpets especially with hair
- Super quiet and lightweight
- Premium accessories for cleaning pet hair
- Ergo design
- Suitable for cleaning the entire area of your house
- Almost 100% capture of allergens and dust
- The advanced mechanism of swivel steering for utmost maneuverability
- LED lights on the vacuum nozzle for better visibility
- Helpful attachments
- Broken parts are difficult to replace
- The main hose is not very long
The detachable wand and the accessories included are useful for reaching hard areas, such as the ceiling, the curtains, the stairs, on the couch, and even in the car. The model allows clearing off pet hair with ease, no matter how many pet animals you own.
SHARK Lift-Away Upright Navigator– the best for multi-surface cleaning
It provides excellent antiallergic protection with its unique complete seal technology and special HEPA filtration which saves all the dust particles and allergens inside the canister. With a special shut off technology of a brush roll, you can immediately switch from the mode of deep cleaning of carpets to the one of gentle cleaning of hard floors.
- Dual-action cleaning effective for carpets or hard floors
- A removable lift-away pod for the above-floor objects
- Versatile uses with several attachments
- Antiallergic protection
- Heavy suction
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- An additional tool for upholstery
- A crevice tool has two lengths for better cleaning
- Deep furniture and carpets cleaning
- A great bargain
- The cord is too short
- The power button is located in an awkward place
- The power code is located at the very bottom and always interferes with your feet
To clean the filter in the vacuum lift the door in the bottom part and pull out a HEPA filtration piece to wash it. Take the canister from the base. There are two foam filters there. Wash the filters carefully with a dish detergent. Wait until they dry completely and place them back. Another option is to purchase new filters from the store or on the Internet.
SHARK Stick Rocket– the best for total quick floor-to-ceiling cleaning
This bagless item is a great helper for total cleanup of the living space including all tight spaces, coping with pet hair, and any furniture at different heights from the floor.
- Easily convertible into a handheld item for any kind of cleaning
- Ultralight and totally portable
- Fingertip control of settings
- Versatile accessories for the whole home cleaning
- Convenient for storage with the hook on the wand
- The width of the cleaning path is 8.5 inches
- Includes precision duster tool
- Hand vacuum weighs only 3 lb
- Comfy to clean dust cup
- Great for cleaning upholstery
- The flat design is helpful for under the furniture cleaning
- The hair sticks in the rotating brushes
- It’s better to use it as a supplement vacuum for quick cleaning if you have to cover a large area
- The volume of the canister is small
This rocket model includes lots of accessories for tight places and is great as a supplement cleaning device, for example, for stairs and other areas difficult for an ordinary vacuum.
SHARK Deluxe Navigator– the best for amazing suction
It makes it undoubtedly helpful for various cleaning purposes. It is recommended for different surfaces and upholstery. It includes premium accessories for pet hair.
- Extremely powerful suction
- A bulky dust cup enough even for 2-3 cleanings
- Excellent cleaning results on hard floors and carpets
- Premium attachments for pet hair
- Has 3 reusable filters
- No lift-away option
- Lacks HEPA filtration and antiallergic properties
- The brush can’t be adjusted to different thicknesses of carpet piles.
All three filters in this model are washable. Don’t forget that only hand washing is recommended if you don’t want to spoil the foam material. However, they won’t last forever and after a dozen washing, you will have to replace them.
Note! Always make sure they are completely dried before placing them back into the vacuum as you can damage the device.
The Buyer’s Guide
Types of vacuums
- Shark Upright vacuum cleaners
Such models are perfect for cleaning spacy areas and usually have lots of accessories for different purposes. They can cope easily with hard floor and carpet surfaces, upholstery, stairs, etc. All models are great for pet hair cleaning and have special antiallergic and HEPA filtration technologies. These vacuums are not cordless to maintain very powerful suction, though you’ll have to pull the cord when cleaning.
- Shark Stick vacuum cleaners
Shark Rocket models are super lightweight and portable which is a big advantage especially for quick cleaning and reaching all tight places under the furniture and over your head, for example, the curtains. However, such minimalist models are a great supplement to your bigger cleaning devices, especially if you have to cover large areas.
For choosing the right model, think carefully about the surfaces you are going to clean, and the area you want to cover. Pet hair also makes difference. All selected models are merciless to pet hair. If you want to vacuum your entire house with different surfaces choose Navigator or Rotator models. Rocket models are ideal for quick cleaning.
Other tips for Shark vacuums buyers
- The majority of models have reusable washable filters and they can stand up to a dozen times. Later you will have to replace them. Change the filter or clean it every month in case of frequent use. If you vacuum occasionally, the filter has to be changed every quarter.
- Antiallergic protection and HEPA filtration are highly recommended for those who are allergic to dust or families with pets and children.
Video Tutorial: Shark AZ910UK Powered Lift Away Anti Hair Wrap Vacuum Cleaner Unboxing & First Look
Any of these five selected vacuums feature very powerful suction, maneuverability, and portability due to the lift-away option. They cope with pet hair excellently and have several attachments to reach any difficult zones and clean the whole house. Shark vacuums are bagless, which means easy maintenance for users. The combination of these properties makes the cleaning process joyful and the results – exceeding all your expectations.