Rug Doctor is the world market’s leader in consumer- and professional-grade deep carpet cleaning systems. Their mission is to provide customers with a “professional-grade clean” at a lower cost than experts.
Rug Doctor’s deep cleaning system has been around for nearly 50 years and continues to provide considerable savings over professional carpet cleaning as well as a stronger clean than many retail options. According to Nielsen ratings, the Rug Doctor brand has one of the greatest levels of customer loyalty in the business.
Their non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products may cleanse, disinfect, deodorize, and preserve your home without sacrificing effectiveness.
Benefits of Rug Doctor carpet solutions:
- Professional quality;
- Safe components;
- Good for different carpet types and upholstery;
- Recommended for home and commercial use;
- Good for removing tough odors and deep stains;
The following guide focuses on some of the best Rug Doctor solutions on the market. Check the buying guide, comparison table and product reviews before buying the solution made by this brand.
Rug Doctor Platinum Urine Eliminator – the best for removing old pet stains!
This shampoo solution is safe to use on carpets, furniture, and pet beds, among other things.
Uric acid crystals are very insoluble and adhere to the surface strongly. It may seem that the issue has been fixed after first washing and drying using common cleaning solutions. Any moisture on the afflicted region, on the other hand, will revive those leftover crystals, and the odor will return, as strong as before. That’s why it’s critical to apply Rug Doctor Pro Urine Eliminator to ensure that the work is done correctly the first time.
Tips for users: cover the treated area with a damp color-safe cloth and leave it to air dry. In most circumstances, it’s preferable to keep the region wet for at least 24 hours. The second treatment may be required in highly polluted regions. If discoloration persists after drying, gently moisten with blot and water.
- The great formula can cope with old and new pet stains;
- The approval by Carpet and Rug Institute;
- Leaves no sticky residue;
- Good for most soft surfaces and carpet types;
- Outdated application;
- Strong smell;
Rug Doctor Pro Urine Eliminator is a great way to get rid of stains and smells caused by urine, vomit, and feces. It offers excellent value for money, is simple to store, and is simple to use.
Rug Doctor Deep Cleaner – the best for the concentrated formula!
This solution covers a large square area of carpet, rugs, and upholstery with two times the concentration for optimal efficiency, providing exceptional performance and indisputable value.
For cleaner homes, the Blue Wave aroma works from inside the carpet cleaner to eradicate odors, deodorizing and revitalizing carpets and furniture that used to stink of pet and human odors.
The solution is safe for use on soft surfaces including carpets, rugs, upholstery, car seats, cushions, car seats, boat interiors, and pet beds, and it powers through embedded filth to leave surfaces bright and clean. It may be used as a spot cleaner as well as in a cleaning machine. It promises, for example, to be capable of eliminating stains that have been present for months.
- Professional concentrated solutions;
- Oxygen-activated boosters;
- Can cope with most dirt and mold stains;
- Fresh scent;
- Simple to use;
- Not compatible with some commercial machines;
- Won’t cope with urine stains;
Rug Doctor’s Deep Carpet Cleaning Oxy product may be used with Rug Doctor’s Spot & Stain Remover to keep your deep clean all year. This cleanser eliminates stains and enhances the shine and color of the fibers.
Rug Doctor Oxy Deep Cleaner – the best for professional cleaning machines!
The oxygen boosters provide professional-grade results that make carpets look fresh and bright. From high-traffic dirty carpets to a tiny spot on the sofa, this solution thoroughly cleans any soft surfaces. The Rug Doctor Oxy Deep Cleaner Solution, unlike other carpet cleaners, does not leave a sticky residue when it dries.
- Can clean up to 9 rooms;
- Compatible with most commercial machines;
- Powerful oxygen-boosting agents;
- Great volume;
- Doesn’t leave a sticky residue;
- Strong smell;
- Not recommended for home use;
The formula is also kid-friendly and pet-safe, and it won’t harm your carpet fibers. This product is suitable for use on soft surfaces such as carpets, sofas, furniture, rugs, chairs, and automobile upholstery.
Rug Doctor Platinum Pure for Pets – the best for protecting your carpets!
The thing’s composition is meant to give continual cleaning for up to 24 hrs. This is a great benefit. It’s worth noting that it’s not just long, but also deep. Because the formula is concentrated, don’t apply too much at once. The aroma of the lotion is light and pleasant, giving you the impression of a fresh start.
The recipe also prevents the possibility of your pets marking the spot again. It saves time and aids in the prevention of continuous harm.
Tips for users: Simply combine the concentrate with warm/hot water and pour it into your machine. Please read the directions before using the liquid since it may irritate your eyes and skin.
- Powerful concentrated formula;
- Quickly eliminates urine stains and odors;
- Can protect the carpets from future pet stains;
- Helps to renew carpets;
- Doesn’t leave sticky residue;
- Refreshing Sparkling Breeze;
- Safe to use in most commercial machines;
- Can’t be used for wooden surfaces and hard floors;
- Sometimes can’t cope with a strong urine odor;
The Rug Doctor’s treatment is mild on fabrics, and the rug retains its original color after the pet event. This shampoo solution is quite effective. It may be applied on any fabric surface.
Rug Doctor Pure Stain & Odor Carpet Cleaner – the best for the non-toxic components!
The pro-enzymatic solution eliminates difficult pet stains and smells from carpet and upholstery while also preventing pets from marking for durable freshness. When used as prescribed, the product will not harm carpet fibers and is developed for use in all upright cleaning machines.
This solution may also be used to renew a range of textile surfaces without causing a residue, such as carpets, rugs, upholstery, furniture, pet beds, car seats, mattresses, and textiles.
- Powerful non-toxic formula;
- CRI certified;
- Pet- and kid-friendly;
- Good for removing urine stains and odors;
- Pricey, according to some users;
- Needs to be diluted in water;
This bio-based cleaning solution is effective and safe since it is free of harsh chemicals like chlorine, ammonia, phosphates, alcohol, and dyes. As a result, it’s suitable for use around kids and pets.
The Buyer’s Guide
Because various stains adhere to carpet fibers in various ways, the ultimate solution is impossible. Efficient carpet and upholstery stain removal requires specific solutions:
- To clean greasy and sticky stains (motor oil) – apply Pro Traffic Lane Cleaner in a carpet-cleaning machine;
- To clean liquid and oily stains (salad dressing) – apply Pro Spot and Stain Remover;
- To clean vomit, urine, feces – apply Pro Urine Eliminator;
- To clean weird and unidentified stains – apply Pro Spot and Stain Remover;
- To clean upholstery – apply Pro Upholstery Cleaner and Pro Anti Foam;
- To eliminate odors – apply Pro Odour Remover;
1) Carpet detergents
Rug Doctor’s cleaning solutions are created specifically for use with Rug Doctor cleaning machines. From conventional detergents to particularly specialized stain removers, the professional selection is guaranteed to fulfill your cleaning requirements.
2) Trigger sprays
Rug Doctor’s carpet cleaning power in a compact 500ml spray container. Keep some stain remover on hand in case of an emergency. The trigger sprays are meant to be used on a regular basis. Most experts also suggest applying them as a pre-treatment for machine-cleaning carpets.
- Ethoxylated Alcohol. Many types of home cleaning products, such as all-purpose cleaners and detergents, include this surfactant as a component. Rug Doctor solutions include ethoxylated alcohols to help with soil removal by encircling soil particles and freeing them from the fiber so they may be readily retrieved. They also aid in the emulsification – or binding – of these formulations. They use emulsifiers in Rug Doctor products when necessary to guarantee that they operate consistently. When consumed, alcohol ethoxylates at the concentrations found in Rug Doctor products are regarded low to moderately hazardous, and low toxicity when applied to the skin;
- Benzisothiazolone. This preservative is required to preserve product quality and plays a significant function in carpet cleaning solutions. Many home items would only survive a few weeks without benzisothiazolone before getting infected by mold and yeast. Preservatives are only used in Rug Doctor products when absolutely essential, and in the smallest amount possible to maintain quality over time. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) assessed benzisothiazolone in 2005. The EPA found that it presented no risk to the public after reviewing the total information on its toxicity, applications, and environmental consequences, however, they did highlight that it may irritate the skin and eyes;
- PPG-2 Methyl Ether. This is a popular solvent used in water-based cleaning products. To remove oily, greasy stains that won’t dissolve in water, the brand employs PPG-2 methyl ether. This solvent dissolves oily particles and assists to prevent residue from adhering to surfaces by breaking up the stain. PPG-2 methyl ethers are widely applied in cosmetics, are deemed safe to use;
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. The brand employs sodium lauryl sulfate in various Rug Doctor products to accelerate soil removal by encircling soil particles and freeing them from the fiber, allowing them to be conveniently extracted. Despite the fact that sodium lauryl sulfate has the potential to be hazardous to aquatic creatures, it has an outstanding safety record and produces outstanding results;
The majority of liquid carpet shampoo formulae are intended to be applied with a machine or as a spot treatment. Dry carpet shampoos, on the other hand, need a slightly various application procedure and more absorption time to reach the carpet fibers.
Cleaning machine compatibility
It’s required to use carpet shampoos from the same company as your cleaning machine. Find a cleaning formula that works for your budget. You may apply the shampoo with certainty as long as it’s designed for use in water-based cleaning machines for carpets.
When consumed, alcohol ethoxylates at the concentrations reported in Rug Doctor products are regarded as low to moderately hazardous, while skin exposure is deemed low. Preservatives are only used in Rug Doctor products when absolutely essential, and in the smallest amount possible to maintain quality over time.
Pro-enzymatic Pet Carpet Cleaner is a scientifically designed product that removes smells and stains left behind by pet accidents. It’s non-toxic to dogs and carpet fibers. Re-marking is discouraged by patented odor neutralizers. The SpotBlok tech preserves carpets, allowing you to enjoy a cleaner carpet for longer.
Video Tutorial: Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner & Products Review
Almost all Rug Doctor products are pet-safe and kid-friendly. Whatever your needs are, they have a solution that will work best for you. Experts at Rug Doctor have created deep cleaning concentrates for soft surfaces that eliminate smells and stains for a professional clean. Their vast range of spot cleaning products is tailored to specific cleaning challenges, such as food and drink, pets, oil, and mud.