Choosing the Best Steam Cleaner
For homemakers, cleaning the household is a war they wage every day to prevent dust, mold, mildew, and bacteria from remaining in the house. If they did not get rid of these things, they could be putting their families at risk to various health complications such as allergies, asthma, and other similar complications.
Luckily, several inventions have been developed to battle these hazards, especially on your carpets, one of which being steam cleaners. Steam cleaners help sanitize, clean, and kill viruses, mildew, bacteria, and other harmful things in your furnishings, may they be the carpet, flooring, or even the curtains.
Since there are now many steam cleaners on the market promising to help you get rid of the grime and dust in your favorite carpets and other furnishings, it can be difficult to pick the one that will work best for you. Despite these promises, you have to consider several factors such as price, quality, and cleaning power.
With this website, we will help you narrow down your choices and offer you reviews of some of the current models available in the market.
To begin our mini guide, let’s learn about what you need to look for in a good steam cleaner.
What to look for in a good steam cleaner?
With the variety of steam cleaners on the market, what should you look for in a good steam cleaner?
- Wattage: Steam cleaners vary in terms on the quality of the steam (whether it is dry or wet) and how effective it will be. It’s a rule that if it has a higher wattage and tank size, it will produce a more effective, powerful, and drier steam, which can help you clean with ease.
- Heating power: To produce drier steam, the steam cleaner has to be capable of higher temperatures. If it can produce higher temperatures, it will be an efficient cleaning machine, but it will cost you more.
- Water capacity: How much water can you put in it without carrying excess weight?
- Safety features: Since steam cleaners produce heat and pressure, it should have safety features that allow you and your family to use it without problems.
- Switches: Is it easy to turn off and on?
- Brand: Good steam cleaners should have quality customer service, instruction guides, and a tech team that will help you handle or repair your steam cleaner.
- Durable: You are investing some money for your steam cleaner, so it has to work to last and you don’t have to keep replacing its parts ever so often.
How to choose the best steam cleaner?
When picking the best steam cleaner, there are many factors that can help you choose the best steam cleaner from the list:
- Type of Steam Cleaner: Steam cleaners come in three types, fitting a specific surface and varying in cleaning power: cylinder steam, steam mop, and handheld.
- Price: This factor depends on what type of steam cleaner you are picking. For steam mops, the price range should be around $50 to $150. Handheld steam cleaners go around $30 to $60. Finally, cylinder steam cleaners are around $80 to $280. Of course, price doesn’t guarantee that the quality of the steam cleaner, so still check reviews about them.
- Availability: Steam cleaners are not usually in stock in supermarkets. Research the brand name or model and call your local store to see if they have it. Some brands may only be available online.
- Variety of accessories: Like other appliances, steam cleaners can clean other surfaces aside from carpets. Consider what you want to steam clean and check if the steam cleaner you will get has the appropriate accessory. Some steam cleaners have a vast assortment of accessories. These are great all purpose steam cleaners
- Steaming time: Double check how long the machine can produce steam, as this will tell you how often you will need to refill the tank with water.